Why Are American Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
Marriage to a foreign mail order bride is no longer something surprising, but your ideal woman may be closer than you ever thought. American mail order brides have all the qualities you are looking for in a woman to marry, and here are the best things about American women for marriage.
They look different but striking
One of the standout features of American mail order brides is that they look incredibly diverse but equally stunning. It’s probably not a secret to you that the United States is a melting pot of cultures and ethnicities. As a result, you won’t just see Caucasian, African American, and Asian women among mail order brides — you will also witness an endless variety of ways for all those ethnicities to mix. American mail order brides are also famous for their careful approach to eating and their active lifestyle, which helps them maintain their good looks for a long time.
They have fantastic communication skills
American women are brought up with a sense of respect and openness to anyone they meet. That is why a conversation with an American bride feels comfortable and natural from the first second. An American mail order bride always knows the right thing to say and has a perfectly witty response to any question. Add that to the wide outlook and natural curiosity of an American girl, and you will understand why men can spend agest talking to American women without getting tired at all.
They have a lot in common with you
If you grew up in the United States, then we probably don’t need to explain how many memories and views you share with your American mail order bride. However, even if you live elsewhere, you will still be surprised by how much you have in common with a typical American bride. The reason for that is the expansion of American culture around the world. By watching American TV shows and movies, reading books by American authors, and spending time on US internet resources, you already know more about the American way of living than you think.
What Are American Wives Like?
Dating an American bride will bring you a lot of joy, but these women save the best for last and display some of their best qualities only in marriage. Here is why you are guaranteed to enjoy being married to an American wife.
They are great at multitasking
While there is a small percentage of American wives who prefer not to work and dedicate themselves fully to their families, their number continues to drop compared to the number of American wives who can do it all. An American wife is not ready to give up the things that are important to her, such as work, friendships, and taking care of herself, but she will always put the family on top of the list of her priorities.
They are very serious about motherhood
On average, American women are not too young when they have their first child — right now, it happens at 29 years old. It means that the decision to become a mother is a very serious one for an American wife and she doesn’t take the duty of motherhood lightly. Before an American woman can have a baby, she needs to know that her marriage is strong enough, she knows enough about raising children, and the family’s income is steady enough to allow her to quit working for a while.
They never become boring old wives
Marriage to an American wife feels as fresh twenty or thirty years ago as it does during the honeymoon. There is no secret to this kind of longevity — American women simply know the value of a good marriage and are not prepared to give it up because there isn’t as much fire as there once was. She will actively work on maintaining your mutual attraction and keeping you interested in each other. You can erase the image of the cranky old wife from your head because it will never happen with an American woman!
Why Are American Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
America is one of the most coveted places to live on the planet and there is a reason why the American Dream is such a popular concept. You can think that there is no reason for an American bride to consider marriage to a foreigner because she has all she needs at home, but this is where you’re wrong.
Women in the US definitely have access to more opportunities than many other women in the world, but there is one aspect of living in the country that makes them unhappy. We are talking about US men, who are often rude, unfaithful, condescending, restrictive, and represent outdated views. This is not someone an American girl wants to see by her side, and that is why she is looking for an understanding, loyal, and polite foreign husband.
The Guide on Marrying an American Woman
Tips on dating an American girl
American mail order brides may have marriage on their mind, but they will never marry someone before dating him first. When you are about to date your first-ever American woman, these tips will surely help.
- Give her space to make the first move. After you’ve talked for a while and it’s obvious that there is an attraction, an American woman would really love to ask you out first before you make the move, so don’t rush your proposal.
- Daytime dates are perfect. In your own country, you are probably used to going out when it’s already dark, but American women are different. They love night dates, but they prefer daytime dating and the many unique activities you can do during that time.
- Tipping is essential. Depending on your American bride’s preferences, she may suggest splitting the check or let you pay for both of you. However, don’t forget that tipping anywhere less than 15-20% or not tipping at all is considered very rude in the US.
- Discuss your relationship. For some American girls, going out on a few dates doesn’t mean that you are in an exclusive relationship just yet. If you want to clear up the situation, openly discuss the terms of your romance with your bride.
- Try to spend time with her friends. American mail order brides are far from loners. They typically have a big circle of friends who know more about her than her own parents. If you want to get closer to your bride, getting to know her friends is the key.
Meeting American bride parents: 3 tips
American mail order brides often live separately from their parents and many even move away across the country. Still, when the relationship is serious enough, an American bride will surely bring you home. Here is how you can easily impress her parents.
- Make sure to dress appropriately. The American parents of your bride won’t pay attention to the brands you are wearing and the cost of your outfit. The only two things that matter is that the outfit is neat and appropriate for the occasion.
- Ask your bride what they are like. No one will tell you more about how to behave on your first visit than your own girlfriend. Ask her how they want to be addressed, what their likes and dislikes are, and what they would like to get as a gift.
- Make a mental list of forbidden topics. Americans are as open-minded as can be, but they are still not ready to face the controversy of discussing politics and other topics with their daughter’s future husband that they are seeing for the first time.
American wedding customs and laws
American wedding traditions have been widely popularized in movies and TV shows. Plus, many of them have been adopted by other parts of the world. Still, when you are getting ready for your wedding to an American bride, you want to be fully prepared, and these 5 essential customs will help you.
- The engagement ring. Americans highly value the engagement as a whole and the engagement ring in particular. An engagement ring usually features at least one diamond and should be rather expensive in order to be impressive.
- The wedding party. American brides and grooms heavily rely on their bridesmaids and groomsmen for assisting them during the wedding, from planning the bachelor and bachelorette parties to sending the guests off at the end of the night.
- Wedding gift registry. The good news for the guests at a US wedding is that they don’t need to guess what the newlyweds want to get as their wedding gifts. They are all listed in the couple’s wedding registry that is done weeks before the ceremony.
- Tossing the garter and the bouquet. The two of the oldest American wedding traditions are throwing the garter to the male guests and the bouquet to the female guests. Whoever gets those things first will be the next one to get married.
- The honeymoon. Honeymoon is an essential American wedding tradition and if the couple doesn’t have enough money for both the wedding and the honeymoon, they would rather elope and go on their honeymoon than have a grand wedding and not go anywhere.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do American brides value career over family?
There are some American women who are only focused on their career and don’t have time for anything else, but they typically don’t get married at all or wait until their later years. If an American bride decides to get married, it means she will eventually find the right balance between her job and family life, so that neither will suffer.
Can American women stay loyal to one man forever?
Without a doubt! Most American brides have some romantic experience by the time they get married. That is why there is no real possibility of them feeling like they didn’t see enough before settling down with one man. And if your American bride made the choice in your favor, you can rest assured she knows what she’s doing and intends to stay married forever.
Do American brides have a problem with age-gap relationships?
No, they don’t! In fact, many young American women prefer relationships and marriage where the partner is ten or more years older. They feel like it creates a more natural dynamic between the man and the woman. Many young American brides also find their peers to be immature, while older men know how to behave around a woman.
Kris Gimbel is a certified psychologist and expert in relationships. He advises top international marriage agencies and helps them develop more advanced interaction strategies between men and women who are interested in meeting and relationships.