Costa Rica is a small but fascinating country in Central America. Located between the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean, Costa Rica has many attractions for tourists, including its eye-catching architecture and beautiful landscapes. However, once you find out more about Costa Rican mail order brides, you will be even more likely to put Costa Rica on your must-visit list. Here is everything you need to know about Costa Rican women for marriage.
Why Are Costa Rican Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
These days, you cannot sign up for a Latin dating site without running into Costa Rican brides. With these three qualities, they continue rising in popularity among men from all over the world.
When you look at a Costa Rican girl, you can see plenty of familiar features that nevertheless feel unusual. Costa Rican women are not as exotic as most other Latin brides: their skin is fair and their hair is usually long, dark, and straight. However, there is something about the faces and bodies of Costa Rican mail order brides that makes guys go crazy. It’s the way they dress, move, and present themselves that makes you want to spend ages admiring their beauty.
It’s not uncommon for foreign men to think that the beautiful Costa Rican girls don’t care about anything but their appearance, but the truth is that these women are wise, deep, and eager to learn. Not all of them may have quality higher education, but they more than make up for it with their constant strive to get better and find out about new things. You will always find lots of things to talk about with your Costa Rican bride.
Even if you meet hundreds of Costa Rican girls, you will hardly find a woman who just sits around doing nothing all day. Costa Rican brides are fine with taking a lazy day off from time to time, but in most cases, they are always willing to have a good time. They have no problem with having fun on their own, but they are also known for being excellent entertainers, tour guides, and dance instructors for their foreign boyfriends.
What Are Costa Rican Wives Like?
You can have a pretty life-altering experience when dating a Costa Rican lady, but these women save their best qualities for marriage. Here is what you can expect once you marry a Costa Rican mail order bride.
Caring wives and mothers
Latin women are known for being exceptionally caring mothers and wives, but no one can top Costa Rican women in this regard. From the moment a Costa Rican wife finally has her own family, she will do everything it takes to keep them happy and healthy. Your Costa Rican wife will dedicate 100% of her attention to family and will try to meet every need of every member of the family.
Costa Rican women are smart, outgoing, and often have impressive careers, which is why some men are surprised to find out that Costa Rican wives truly enjoy working around the house. They will never complain about the amount of housework they have to do simply because they understand that a clean, nicely-looking home, freshly ironed clothes, and tasty homemade meals are what it takes to make the family happier than ever before.
To a Costa Rican wife, marriage is a partnership above everything else. You may have your differences and even conflicts, which are inevitable in a couple, but at the bottom of it all, she will always consider you her one and only partner. Your Costa Rican woman will offer her unwavering support no matter what you are going through, and naturally, she will expect the same support from you.
Why Are Costa Rican Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
There are plenty of young single men in Costa Rica, yet thousands of Costa Rican women choose to become mail order brides every year. So why exactly are they looking for foreign husbands instead of marrying local men?
The most important reason why that continues happening is that Costa Rican girls deserve more than they can get in their home country. This includes both opportunities for self-development, career and growth, and treatment from men, which leaves a lot to be desired in Costa Rica. Costa Rican mail order brides feel like they can get it all with foreign men, and they are not wrong.
The Guide on Marrying a Costa Rican Women
Tips on dating a Costa Rican girl
The decision to marry a woman from Costa Rica will positively transform your life, but before marriage, you both will go through a dating period that can last from a few months to a few years. Here is how to make your relationship sparkle.
- Be proactive. Costa Rican girls have plenty of confidence and are very forth-coming, but when it comes to romantic relationships, they get slightly old-fashioned and expect the man to make the first move.
- Watch out for the cues. Even if you don’t have a lot of dating and romantic experience, dating a Costa Rican woman is not difficult at all. All you need to do is listen carefully to everything she says, and you will quickly understand how to treat her right.
- Be confident and respectful. A Costa Rican woman is prepared to hand you the reins in the relationship, so you need to be confident enough for this challenge. At the same time, you need to be respectful and never push her into anything.
- Don’t show up empty-handed. A relationship with a Costa Rican bride cannot progress without cute little gifts like flowers, jewelry, and even sweets. This is especially important in the first few dates when she is only getting to know you.
- Avoid bragging about your wealth. The love and affection of a Costa Rican lady cannot be bought, so there is no need to demonstrate how rich you are all the time. The only thing she needs to know is that you will be able to take care of her and your future children.
Meeting Costa Rican bride parents: 3 tips
Meeting your future Costa Rican in-laws does not require any special preparation, as these people will be genuinely happy to meet you and will do everything they can to make you feel at home. This is what you can do to make your first meeting go even better.
- Impress them with your knowledge of Spanish. Older generations of Costa Rica are not as familiar with English as their children, which is why there may be a language barrier and your girlfriend will act as a translator. Still, including several phrases in Spanish to compliment the food and the house will never hurt.
- Bring gifts for every member of the family. The first few minutes of meeting the parents of your Costa Rican bride may be slightly awkward, but you can set the right tone for the event with inexpensive but thoughtful gifts not only for the bride’s parents, but also for her grandparents and siblings.
- Show them you can take good care of their daughter. You can be the most charming and entertaining man your woman’s parents ever met, but at the end of the day, they care about just one thing: to make sure their daughter is happy and is taken good care of. Show them you truly care about her and are serious about marriage.
Costa Rican wedding customs and laws
Costa Rican culture, including its wedding traditions, share a lot of similarities with US and European Catholic weddings. You are probably already familiar with certain wedding customs like tossing the bouquet or the garter, and that’s exactly what you will do at your own Costa Rican wedding. However, there are some unique traditions you will also need to observe.
- Serenading the bride. One or two days before the wedding, the groom, his friends, and a musical band arrive at the house of the bride and serenade her. It’s a lovely gesture that symbolizes the groom’s willingness to marry the bride.
- Money dance. At a Costa Rican wedding, the guests will take turns and dance with the bride and the groom. Each guest will have money pinned to their suit. The money will then be collected into a special tray and will be spent on the honeymoon or decorating the couple’s new family home.
- Party all night long. A Costa Rican wedding never lasts just a few hours. The guests, led by the newlyweds, will party until dawn. You will dance, sing, eat, and then dance, sing, and eat again and again until everyone is exhausted from all the good time they had.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Costa Rican brides speak English?
Spanish is the official and main language spoken in Costa Rica, so you would imagine there was a big risk of a language barrier. Luckily, that is not the case with Costa Rican brides, who learn decent English at school and then polish their English skills with their love for US movies, books, and pop culture.
Will my Costa Rican wife work after the wedding?
Most of the Costa Rican women you meet online will hold some kind of a job to support themselves and their families financially. However, the women of Costa Rica are not as career-oriented as their US counterparts and won’t hesitate to leave work completely if it interferes with their family life.
How many children do Costa Rican women want?
Many Costa Rican girls grow up in families with 5 or 6 siblings, and while they learn how to take care of the little ones and support each other, they also realize that raising so many children takes a lot of personal and financial sacrifices. That is why your Costa Rican mail order bride will likely want to stop at two children, which is arguably the best number of children anyway.
Kris Gimbel is a certified psychologist and expert in relationships. He advises top international marriage agencies and helps them develop more advanced interaction strategies between men and women who are interested in meeting and relationships.