Why Are Moldovan Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
Moldova is a relatively small country bordering Ukraine, which is why Moldovan mail order brides often get overshadowed by their Ukrainian counterparts. However, Moldovan women for marriage are fantastic in their own right and here are a few facts to prove it.
They are aesthetically pleasing
The genetic composition of Moldovan brides is very complex and has been influenced by dozens of countries throughout history. Moldovan women simultaneously look like other Eastern European brides and have some unique appearance features that will fascinate you. The majority of Moldovan girls have dark, wavy hair, olive skin, and dark, captivating eyes. They are not particularly tall or athletic, but their curvy build is straight from the dreams of thousands of men, including you.
They are friendly and polite
If you are naturally shy or don’t have a lot of dating experience, you have nothing to worry about with Moldovan brides, as they will make you feel like the most welcome person in the world. Friendliness is a signature feature of Moldovan women, and it becomes even more apparent when they are talking to a foreign man who is obviously smitten. A Moldovan bride will direct the conversation, ask questions, and never make fun of you or be unnecessarily harsh towards you.
They can easily discuss any topic
The conversational skills of Moldovan mail order brides are second to none, but so is their intelligence and outlook. One of the things Moldova inherited from its Soviet past was a strong and developed education system. Most girls in Moldova get secondary and even tertiary education. They are also avid readers and always look for new and exciting things to learn. As a result, you can bring up any topic and expect your Moldovan bride to offer her insightful opinion.
What Are Moldovan Wives Like?
Starting a relationship with a Moldovan mail order bride will bring you a lot of joy, but you can maximize it by making her your wonderful Moldovan wife. These are the best things about being married to a Moldovan woman.
You will always feel their care
Your Moldovan bride can be the busiest woman in the world, but she will always find time to take care of the person she loves. And for Moldovan wives, care is an all-encompassing concept. It includes both physical care, such as making sure you are warm, comfortable, and well-fed, and emotional care. A Moldovan wife will put your interests first and will try her best to keep you happy and satisfied in marriage.
They are known for their strong maternal instincts
There is a reason why Moldovan wives are particularly popular among men who are looking not only for a wife, but also for mother to his future children. Most women in Moldova grow up in large families with several siblings and cousins. Even if they don’t, they still seem to know what they are doing even as first-time mothers. And if you have kids from a previous marriage, your Moldovan wife will accept and love them as her own.
Cooking is more than a chore to them
If you have any experience living with Western women, you probably know that many of them are not fans of cooking. They may cook once a day for the family, but they will always try a way to sneak out of this duty by making you cook or buying ready-made meals elsewhere. Luckily, that is not the case with Moldovan wives. Your Moldovan wife will be a true expert in her native cuisine, but her cooking skills are not limited by the things she learned at home and she will soon impress you with the dishes you know and love in your own cuisine.
Why Are Moldovan Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
Moldova is one of the poorest former USSR countries, and while most women there get access to high-quality education, it doesn’t always translate into high-paying jobs. Moreover, there is a growing trend of Moldovan men losing their ambitions and even will to live, engaging in substance abuse, refusing to provide for their families, and treating women as inferior creatures.
Together, these factors make young Moldovan women look for better opportunities through international marriage. Plus, their attraction to Western men and their charm also has its effect — a Moldovan girl can easily fall in love with a handsome, accomplished, and well-mannered foreign man.
The Guide on Marrying a Moldovan Woman
Tips on dating a Moldovan girl
You can get a pretty good idea about the personality of your Moldovan mail order bride while still communicating online, but it will take you a real-life dating period to make sure she’s the one for you. Here is how to behave while dating a Moldovan girl to make the best impression on her.
- Be absolutely respectful. Sadly, Moldovan women are used to foreigners being rude, overly suggestive, and focused only on the physical aspect of dating. Behaving differently and with total respect will definitely win you some extra points.
- Experience her way of living. If you plan to date a Moldovan girl in her home country, you should always assume that she knows the best local spots to check out. Give her more freedom to plan the dates and your relationship will only benefit from it.
- Be careful with alcohol. With lots of cheap and good alcohol in Moldova, drinking a glass of wine or a shot of vodka with dinner soon becomes the norm. However, drunk men are a huge turn-off for Moldovan brides and she may even end things then and there.
- Don’t be stingy. A Moldovan mail order bride isn’t too interested in your financial situation, but she wants to know that you are willing to make an effort to impress her. Show her that you can be generous and will eagerly provide for your future family.
- Make your intentions clear. Even before you discuss your actual marriage plans, your Moldovan bride needs to know you have serious intentions. If you are not ready to propose just yet, you can at least mention that you want a family and kids in the near future.
Meeting Moldovan bride parents: 3 tips
A typical Moldovan mail order bride can’t even imagine marrying a man, especially a foreigner, before her parents approve of him and give their blessing. When you are invited to the home of your potential Moldovan in-laws, use these tips to win their affection.
- You will be judged by your cover. When seeing you for the first time, the parents of your Moldovan bride won’t mentally calculate the cost of your suit or watch. Instead, they want to make sure you can take care of yourself and look presentable since it means you can also take care of their daughter.
- Don’t try to seem better than you are. Moldovans may seem simple and cheerful, but they are also famously insightful. They can always tell when you are trying to look like someone you are not, and their impression of you will be tarnished.
- Get gifts for everyone you will meet. Using your common sense, you will probably remember to bring some valuable gifts for the parents of your Moldovan bride. However, you will probably end up seeing even distant relatives, so you should either bring additional gifts from home or buy something on your way there.
Moldovan wedding customs and laws
A typical wedding in Moldova is a vibrant mix of religious traditions, typical Slavic wedding customs, and some unique Moldovan beliefs. There are more popular traditions than we could ever describe in one post, but here is how your own Moldovan wedding will play out.
- No hiding from the groom. Contrary to the Western tradition, Moldovans don’t have a problem with the bride and the groom seeing each other before the ceremony. In fact, they often get ready in the same house or even in the same room.
- Wedding godparents. The wedding godparents, or nasi, are the two most important people at a Moldovan wedding next to the bride and the groom. They are usually an older married couple who are responsible for many of the proceedings on the big day.
- Taking a break. The church ceremony takes place in the morning, but the reception doesn’t start until the afternoon. The bride and the groom, their parents and closest friends, will use that time to drive around and take wedding photographs.
- Dancing the hora. The central element of a Moldovan wedding reception is the dance of hora. It is the most famous dance in the country and thanks to its easy moves and infectious melody and rhythm, it’s the perfect activity to get every guest involved.
- Receiving the gifts. Close to the end of the reception but before the cake is cut, which usually happens after midnight, the newlyweds will sit down to receive the gifts from the guests. Their wedding godparents will direct this stage of the ceremony.
Frequently Asked Questions
How fluent are Moldovan brides in English?
While the school system in Moldova is pretty strong and English is typically taught there starting from the first grade, it is rarely used elsewhere in the country. However, young Moldovan brides belong to the most educated parts of society and have a decent level of English that is good enough to make the initial connection.
Are there many similarities between Moldovan and Ukrainian brides?
The two countries share a border and much of their history. There are certainly some visual similarities between Ukrainian and Moldovan mail order brides. Still, the two former USSR states went their separate ways since the early 1990s, and while the connection between is strong, Ukrainian and Moldovan women are very different and stand out on their own.
What do Moldovan women think about divorce?
Getting a divorce in Moldova is not a big deal and the majority of society is completely accepting of divorced women. However, many Moldovan ladies view divorce as a failure in life and try to avoid it at all costs. A Moldovan wife will first try her best to resolve the marriage before taking that last irreversible step.
Kris Gimbel is a certified psychologist and expert in relationships. He advises top international marriage agencies and helps them develop more advanced interaction strategies between men and women who are interested in meeting and relationships.